Table of Contents Hide
- How To Fix Google Can’t Verify My Account
- Further Reading
Have you faced an issue verifying your Google account, and you are wondering how to fix Google can’t verify my account?
If you’ve attempted to login into your Google account, but you can’t verify your account, this means there is an issue with your security setup.
Usually, you’ll receive a message containing “Google couldn’t verify this account belongs to you”.
Or another message is “Google needs more info to verify it’s you”.
So, if you’ve tried all the possible alternative ways to your password to log in.
This means you have an issue with your location or the device you are using.
However, there are multiple possible ways to recover your Google account despite all your failed attempts.
Today I will show you how to fix Google can’t verify my account.
How To Fix Google Can’t Verify My Account
There are multiple possible ways to fix your Google account when you can’t verify it.
So you have to give each one a try in order to recover your account properly.
However, to start applying the methods below, it’s consigned to get connected with your home network (Where you’ve logged in the last time) to proceed.
Also, recovering your account from the device you usually use to get into your Google account is crucial.
But some of these steps are recovery factors that Google Support reclaim and are out of your control, like location and device.
Now, if you haven’t taken your account security into consideration when you created it, like phone number, alternative email, 2FA Authentication, backup codes.
Then you can follow the last step which is step 7, where you will fill a form to Google.
In the 7th step, you will contact Google and let them know that your account is compromised.
So follow the methods below carefully.
1.Log in from a device you’ve used to sign in before
Signing in with your device that you’ve used before saves you a lot of effort and time.
So first, you need to sign in with the device that you’ve used to login in.
If you perhaps can’t get access to your phone, then you have to consider moving into the next step.
This is why we’ve numbered the steps, starting from the fastest way that you can recover your account.
2.Try to log in from a familiar network
One of the main things to do while you are trying to identify your Google account is to log in from a familiar network.
This means you have to use the same router and network connection that you’ve already used before.
So try to get ready by connecting to your router and home network.
Then try login in again and check if you can log in.
If you still can’t get access to your account, perhaps there is another issue your account is facing.
3.Get a code via alternative email
Now that you’ve connected to a familiar network and using the same device that you used before.
This will increase the possibility to get your Google account back and verify your account.
So the first way is to get a verification code to your alternative email by adding it to the email field.
- To get started, add your original email address, then click on the “Next” button.
- On the new page, click on “Forgot password?”.
- Now you will see the multiple options that you’ve activated when you created your account.
- So when you see the alternative email option, click on it, then Google will send the code to the alternative email.
- Then log in to your alternative email while you’re still on the recovery page.
- After that, copy the code from your email inbox, then paste it on the Google login page.
Note that if you don’t see the alternative email option, this can be caused either by not adding an alternative email.
Or it can be possible that the alternative way option is not available for you at this moment.
So go to the next step to continue
4.Get the backup codes
If you can’t verify your account on Google by the alternative email option, then you can try the backup code options.
Which can get your account back if it works without any issue.
But this will only work if you’ve already made a copy of the backup codes and added them in a safe place.
So you can now get them back and use them to log in when you get into this type of situation.
Now get one of your backup codes by checking the place where you saved them.
Then copy one of these backup codes and add it to the Google login field.
However, if you don’t have access to your backup codes or didn’t make a copy, then you can try the next step.
In the next step, you will get the verification code using your phone number.
5.Verify your Google account using your phone number
One of the fastest ways to verify your Google account is to use your phone number.
With your phone number, you can always get the code to verify your account.
However, it’s one of the powerful security setups that definitively secure your Google account.
- To send the message to your phone, click on “Try another way” after you’ve clicked on “Forgot your password?” until you find the phone verification.
- Then add your phone number in the blank field and click on “Next”.
- You will get a code in your phone’s messages inbox, so copy this code and paste it on the Google login field.
- Then click next and your Google account will be recovered.
Note that the phone number option will usually appear on the first page of verification.
6.Log in with the Google 2FA Authenticator
Using the 2FA Authenticator is the last option that you can try to verify your Google account with.
With this app, you get a code called OTP (One-Time Security Code) that changes every 30 seconds.
It’s an extra layer of Google account security.
If you’ve already added the 2FA as extra security, you can use it.
- Find the Google Authenticator verification page.
- Then open the Google Authenticator app and copy the code by pressing and holding on it.
- Now paste your code on Google Authenticator verification page and click next.
7.Fill the Form to get response from Google Support
The last option you can try is to fill the Google Form with a disabled account that you own.
To do, visit the Google Disabled Account page.
- Now on that page, scroll down on the page to start filling out the form.
- Check the “Yes” to confirm that you’ve logged in with a “@gmail.com” account.
- Then add your email address that you want to recover on the first field.
- On the second field, add the alternative email address.
- Now on the last field, describe your issue briefly to convince Google Support that your account issue is important to you.
- Then finally click on “Submit”.
Getting back your Google account is important if you have a lot of things to do with the account.
As you already saw, there are multiple different ways that you can use to fix your Google account when you can’t verify it.
However, on 11/08/2021 Google updated their recovery options, and you can’t now recover your account using the last password you remember.
But still, you can recover it with your phone number, alternative email address, 2FA Authenticator, and backup codes.
So today, you’ve learned how to fix your Google account when you can’t verify it.