Are you getting an error on FIFA 23 which is “There is a problem with your game’s setup” and you’re wondering how to fix it?
The error is typically happening on the Origin app.
To fix “There is a problem with your game’s setup” on Fifa 23, install the latest version of the Visual C++ app on your Windows 10; If you’re running a “Windows N” version, then you have installed the “Media Feature Pack”.
If none of the methods above work, you need to wait until EA developers fix the issue.
Today I will teach you how to fix “There is a problem with your game’s setup” on Fifa 23.
Why You’re Getting the “Game Setup” Error on Fifa 23?
The main reason you’re getting the “Game Setup” error on FIFA 23, is because there is a bug on the game caused by either the Origin app or EA.
After EA announced the release of FIFA 23 on September 27, 2022, a lot of users downloaded the game on Origin, and Steam.
Yet, Origin users are encountering some issues after installing the game, and when launching it.
Here are the possible reasons:
- You’re running a Windows 10 N version and not the standard one;
- There is a bug with the Origin app;
- FIFA 23 is having a bug currently;
- Your Windows is missing some important files to run the game (Visual C++, Media Feature Pack);
- Your Windows is outdated.
There could be other reasons as well, yet, these are the conventional ones for FIFA 23.
How to Fix “There Is a Problem With Your Game’s Setup”
To fix “There is a problem with your game’s setup” on FIFA 23, you need to install the latest version of Visual C++ or change your Windows version.
Therefore, run the Origin app as administrator to get the privileges in accessing the necessary game files to launch it without issues.
Here are the list of the possible fixes to follow one by one:
- Install the latest version of Visual C++ (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170);
- If you’re running the Windows N version, Install the Media Feature Pack for the Windows N version of Windows 10 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack);
- Install a non “N” version of Windows 10 on your PC (could be Professional or Home Edition);
- Run the Origin app as Administrator (Right-click on the app > click “Run As Administrator”);
- Update your Windows files by searching for “Windows Update” in the windows search box, and tapping on “Check for Updates”.
Therefore, you need to update your windows if there are any new versions released.
If none of the fixes above works, then visit the help.ea.com website and click on “Help with a Game”.
You can also search for “There is a problem with your games’ setup FIFA 23” on the EA community website.
Otherwise, you’ll have to wait temporarily until the EA developers team solve the issue.
It may take from 24 hours up to one week to solve this kind of issue.