Table of Contents Hide
Have you ever seen the annoying watermark message that sticks on your desktop, after the installation of a new Windows version or formatting your pc?
Maybe it’s a simple annoying watermark message that you receive, instead, it will block you from some windows features, updates.
But besides those penalties, there really isn’t anything actually stopping you from using Windows 10 on your PC.
Today you will learn how to remove the windows watermark from your desktop with the 5 best steps, with GIF images to help you understand easily.
Why You have to activate your windows
In order to get your hands on windows completely, you have to activate your windows, because without the activation you will not have full control of your PC.
However, any software around the world today that needs an activation will not give the user full control of its features on the Demo version before buying or activating a subscription.
So in windows 10, for example, you will not be able to customize your theme or the windows taskbar, colors, desktop background.
You can’t do anything in the personalization settings, so depending on who you are these penalties might not even be something you notice really.
Also, keeping your windows without activation will always give you the annoying watermark message on the right corner, leading to blocking your Windows important system or security updates.
So let’s dive into the 5 best steps to activate your Windows 10, which will make your operating system healthy.
Why You are seeing the Activate Windows Watermark
You don’t need to be afraid when seeing the Activate Windows Watermark which means that you don’t have the windows license and this doesn’t stop you from using your machine.
But, on the other hand, the watermark may show up after changing your pc hardware pieces, so in that case, buying the license will not help you in this case.
If you continuously testing different hardware pieces, it’s completely gonna affect your windows activation code.
Now small changes on updating your hard drive or graphics card, for example, will not affect directly your Windows activation.
Remove the “Activate Your Windows 10“ Without Product Key
With this trick, You can remove the activate windows 10 watermark, without a product key by doing these steps:
- Right-click your mouse on the desktop, then hover down to “New”.
- A bunch of options will show on, Choose “Text Document”.
- Keep the name of the file “New Text Document”, you will need to change it later.
- Open the text file, and copy that code
“@echo off taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe explorer.exe exi"
- After pasting the code of your text file, hover your mouse cursor to “File” and click it, then “Save As”.
- Now you have to change the file name and add this “remove.bat”, and change the type of file from “Text Document (*.txt)” to “All Files”, then click on save.
- The text file icon will change, so now you have to run the file with administrator privilege.
- Right Click on the file, then click on Run as administrator.
- A command prompt will pop up.
- If you see a black or Blue screen that showed all-around your monitor, then restart your PC and check if the “Active Windows Watermark” was removed.
However, if not then check the next step, because probably this trick didn’t work with you.
Get rid of the Windows Activation Watermark
This is another way to get rid of the windows activation watermark which is by completing the steps below:
- Go to the Windows Search Bar and type in “Settings”, then it will show up, open it.
- After Settings is opened, click on “System”, then on the right, click on “Notifications & Actions”.
- Below “Notifications”, you have to disable “Show me the Windows welcome experience…” and “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions…”
Then you have to check the results, after restarting your PC, some people have reported that this step worked for them.
Edit Registry Settings
One of the best steps to remove the “Activate Windows Watermark” is by editing the registry settings, as it will be shown now:
- On your keyboard Press “Windows button + R”, then the run command will open.
- Type inside run the command Regedit, then hit “Enter”.
- If the Administrator popup is shown, then click Yes to open as an administrator, and if not skip this step.
- When Registry Editor opens, you will see 4 files on the left side, Clik on “HKEY_CURRENT_USER”>Control Panel>Desktop.
- Now a long list of Registries will show up on the right column.
- Find “PaintDesktopVersion” and double click on it.
- Then Change the Value From “1” to “0” and click “OK”.
Use universal watermark disabler tool
Universal Watermark Disabler is a small tool that helps to remove any watermarks including BootSecure, Test Mode.
The watermark disabler tool (Winaero) can also remove the “Activate Windows Watermark”.
Follow the steps below to remove it:
- First, you have to download the tool, from here.
- After the file is downloaded, extract the file from the zip folder by right click with your mouse on “uwd.zip”, Extract Here.
- Now you will see the “uwd.exe” file extracted, double click on that file, and grant administrator access by clicking on “Yes”.
- The tool will open, now click Install, then click on “Yes” when the Warning message popup.
- Then Click on “Install”, and the tool will start the install process.
- After Install is completed, the PC will restart and the watermark will be removed.
Restart File Explorer
In this method, you will try to stop the process and restart file explorer, however, this trick doesn’t have a direct impact on the “Active Windows Watermark”, but by doing the following steps, at least you will give it a try when you have to, so let’s try:
- Go to the search bar on the bottom left of windows 10, and search for “Task Manager”.
- An icon with a PC monitor will show with a “Task Manager” word near it, click on it.
- When the Task Manager opens, search for “Windows Explorer” by scrolling down.
- Click on it and then “Restart”, or right-click on the mouse and then click “Restart”.
- Then Icons on the desktop will disappear, so restart your computer and see what will happen.
Removing the windows watermark is an easy process if you followed the steps carefully.
However, the best way to remove them is by using an app called KMSPIKO which will activate your Windows permanently.
Then the watermark will be removed also with ease after installing the app.
After showing you the 5 best steps to Remove Activate Windows Watermark, which one of those steps worked with you?
Do you think those steps were worth trying and why?