Table of Contents Hide
Are you trying to know where is the clipboard on your iPhone?
There is no actual place where you can find the clipboard on your iPhone.
Hence, when you copy any text or image, you’ll see a notification that says “Copied to Clipboard”, but you won’t be able to access the actual clipboard on your iPhone.
This is why there is a method to follow in order to paste the text that you’ve copied.
The only way to access the IOS clipboard is to tap and hold on to the place where you want to paste copied items, such as text or images, then tap on “Paste” in the popup menu.
After doing so, you can see what you’ve copied to your clipboard, then override it with anything new you wish to copy.
Today I will show you where is the clipboard on your iPhone and how to find it, then copy and paste text from it.
Where Is the Clipboard on My iPhone?
iPhones and iPad have the clipboard in their internal structure, so there is no actual place where you can open and check the copied text on the clipboard history like android phones.
Unfortunately, anytime you restart your iPhone, it will override the clipboard.
However, there are multiple ways that you can implement to find the clipboard on your iPhone.
You can install a 3rd party app from the App Store that memorizes all the text and images that you’ve copied.
This will help you keep track of all your copied text and never lose access to them.
The other way is that you can add a shortcut to edit your clipboard manually.
1.Use a 3rd Party app to find the clipboard
This is an effective method to find out where is the clipboard on your iPhone, as 3rd party apps reserve the latest copied items.
Some of these apps only reserve 10 items at the time and only text like Clipboard.
Other apps can save you images and texts together like +Clipboard.
We will show you how to download the Clipboard app, but it’s up to you to choose which one you like.
- Start by downloading the app from the app store.
- After downloading it, open the app and tap on “Continue”.
- Now tap on the first option which is “Choose Add New Keyboard…”
- On the keyboard page, tap on “Add New Keyboard”.
- When the new page opens, tap on “Clipboard”.
- Then get back to the “Keyboards” page and tap on “Clipboard” to open the app settings.
- Switch the “Allow Full Access” trigger ON, then “Allow” on the popup to start memorizing new texts.
- You can now open the keyboard on the Note app to try it and switch between the keyboards by tapping on the “Earth” icon until you reach the “Clipboard” menu.
On the clipboard menu, you can find where are all your saved texts on your iPhone and edit them by removing them or keeping them saved.
Even if you restart your phone or clear the clipboard, the items will still be saved on the “Clipboard” app.
2.Add the “Adjust Clipboard” shortcut
This method allows you to edit easily and manually the recently copied items on the clipboard.
The instructions are simple, so you can follow them quickly.
- Open the “Shortcuts” app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Gallery” in the bottom right corner.
- When the Gallery page opens, find the search box at the bottom of the page.
- Type “Adjust Clipboard” in the search box.
- When the Adjust Clipboard shortcut shows up, tap on it to add it to your Shortcut app.
- Then tap on “Add Shortcut” on the new page.
- Now go back to the “My Shortcuts” page.
- After opening the shortcut page, tap on the “Adjust Clipboard” shortcut that you’ve recently added.
- A popup then will show up with the latest text that you’ve copied.
- You can edit the text or delete it if you want to clear the clipboard then tap on “Done”.
- Finally, tap on “Allow” when the last popup shows up to apply changes.
This is how you find where is your clipboard on your iPhone by using the shortcut method.
What Does Copied to Clipboard Mean on iPhone?
Copied to Clipboard means that the text you’ve copied is saved on the IOS internal structure, which is the memory, for a limited amount of time.
Once you paste the text, you’ll see what was the last thing saved on the clipboard.
You can choose to copy, cut, and paste the text that you are interested in.
The IOS clipboard would save images, and texts.
One thing is that you can’t edit the copied item on the iPhone’s original clipboard before pasting it.
You’ll need to paste the item, edit it, and re-copy it to your clipboard.
Yet, you can do this by adding a shortcut to edit your copied text or using 3rd party apps.
How Can I See My Copy Paste History on iPhone?
The only way to see your copy and paste history on your iPhone is to paste the text you’ve copied recently.
This is how you can check what’s saved on the clipboard so far.
For instance, if you copied a text from any page on the web while surfing, you need to open the Note app and paste the text that you’ve recently copied.
If you try to paste the text, but you can’t see anything pasted, this means that the clipboard has been cleared.
So you need to copy the text again.
However, you can use 3rd party apps as an unconventional method to access the last 10 things you’ve copied and store them on the app to use later.
iPhone has a lot of hidden features that you can benefit from to find your clipboard items and edit them.
Adding the “Adjust Shortcut” is one of these features that saves you a lot of effort and time.
3rd party apps can also do a great job when it comes to copying multiple text and images to save them for later and even edit them like the “Clipboard” and “+Clipboard” apps.
However, keep in mind that when you restart your phone, the iPhone clipboard will get cleared unless you have an alternative way to save your items like 3rd party apps.
So today you’ve learned where the clipboard on your iPhone is and how to find it.